Did you know that Pinterest is a super effective tool to attract traffic to your website? Today in our blog discover how this social network can help your website be seen by more people.
When considering redirecting traffic to our website, we think about social networks, email marketing, Google Ads… but have you ever considered that Pinterest can be of great help when redirecting traffic to your website? In fact, it is a tool with great potential to attract quality visits. Did you know that it can even generate more traffic than Youtube or Linkedin put together?
Pinterest is a very visual and attractive social network, not only because it has more than 335 million users, but also because its audience is especially loyal and uses it for almost everything (planning their businesses, making future purchases, sharing ideas…). In addition, its percentage of viralization is very high. Incorporating Pinterest into your Inbound Marketing strategy and using this tool actively and strategically will help you differentiate yourself from your competition.
Some figures about Pinterest:
More than 10 billion recommendations are made on Pinterest every day.
- 34% of 18-29 year olds use Pinterest.
- 34% of people ages 30-49 use Pinterest.
- More than 14 million items and products are pinned daily.
- ⅔ of Pinterest content leads to other business websites.
- 96% of people have used Pinterest to search for information.
Where to start on Pinterest
- It is essential to have a company profile on Pinterest to create boards and pin images in a professional way for your business. Pinterest works based on boards that feed on images or pins. Create dashboards related to your business.
- Connect Pinterest to your website. You have to go to Settings/Connect and enter the url of your website. Next, you will have to validate your website. To do this, you need to upload an html file to the server and that’s it. You can also insert a code on the web. Then you press validate.
- Add the Follow us on Pinterest button to your website.
- Change the url that appears by default on Pinterest. It is best to replace it with the name of your website.
- Learn the different images that you can upload to Pinterest and that are sure to attract visitors to your website.
If you follow these four steps correctly, you will get a high-quality backlink.
How the Pinterest algorithm works
Pinterest, how could it be otherwise, also has an algorithm that allows certain publications to be displayed. Its search mechanism, also called Smart Feed, determines what the user will see in their feed. To be present in these searches, it is important to have a company account, that the pins you publish are popular and that you, as a pinador, use your account in a professional way, that is, that you publish good pins, do it regularly, etc..
Once this is understood, we are going to see in a practical way how to generate traffic to your website with the help of Pinterest.
- Optimize images for SEO: Describe the images you pin and provide information. In this description you cannot miss the keywords of your brand, essential for them to find you on this social network. The pins that receive the most repines have approximately 200 characters but also keep in mind that 80% of Pinterest use is on mobile and that only 100-125 characters are seen on Android and 75-100 characters on iPhone.
- Always redirect to your web page: Always fill in the source (source) of the pin with the address of your web page. It is a must if you want to generate traffic!
- Discover the interest of your followers: Investigate which contents of your blog are the most pinned by users by searching for the name or url of your brand on Pinterest.
- Interact frequently: As in other social networks, it is important that you dedicate a part of your day to Pinterest. 10 or 15 minutes a day will be enough.
- Get attracted: Try to use images that attract attention. Including text in them is a perfect resource. It is also important to design photos in an exclusive format for Pinterest.
- Save button: We can also change the direction of traffic. That is, we can redirect visitors to our Pinterest profile through our blog and website. To do this, you just have to add the Save button on your blog.
- Analyze your pins and reach: Paying attention to Pinterest statistics is especially important to help you know what content interests you the most and help you create quality content. That will give you an idea of what to post in the future.
In short, Pinterest has become a perfect social network to integrate into your company’s content marketing strategy as it allows you to connect directly and faithfully with your target audience. From now on, we advise you to keep it in mind as an effective tool that brings quality traffic to your website. And for you, is Pinterest important in your inbound marketing strategy? Do you know how to get the most out of this social network to grow your business?